Dirt Bike Basics
Select Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, or Mondays March through October.
In an effort to best meet your needs, we offer two different Dirt Bike Basic classes for everyone (ages 12 and older). One we call “New Riders” – this means that not only are you new to dirt bikes but to motorcycles in general. If you do not have experience or comfort using a motorcycle clutch, then this is the class for you. The second class we call “Clutch Capable”, which is just what it sounds like- if you are new to dirt bikes but already know now to use a motorcycle clutch then you should register for this class. Students may also register for both days (at a discounted rate) since she/he will be “clutch capable” by the end of the first class.
We provide the dirt bike! At registration, you will provide your age, height, weight, and experience level to determine what size motorcycle to put you on. Ages 12 and up welcome!
We have a fleet of Hondas including 125cc, 125cc (Big Wheel), 150cc, 230cc displacement bikes for you to try! No need to buy a bike before you get to try riding. We also have helmets, goggles, gloves and pads you may borrow. Even if you’ve never been on any kind of motorcycle, come join us, we’ll teach you everything you need to know. And if you’re already a street rider, your skills and confidence will only improve as a result of this course!
Classes are located in King George, VA 22485, USA, directly on the bank of the Potomac River in King George Virginia, about 60 miles south of Washington D.C.
DC Dirt Camp can be accessed via I95 South in VA or Rt 301 through MD to help you avoid traffic from DC southbound on weekends.
One-day or two-day class, on select Saturdays, Sundays, or full weekends April through November, rain or shine!
Classes run approximately 6-8 hours, from late morning to early evening culminating with river side bonfire, s’mores and a class debrief (weather permitting).
COST OF ONE-DAY CLASS: $225
COST OF TWO-DAY CLASS: $400
- A positive attitude and willingness to push yourself
- Long sleeved shirt, long pants
- Boots that cover your ankles (hiking boots, or street riding boots)
- Helmet, Gloves, Goggles/face shield if you have them (we have loaners if you don’t)
- Elbow pads, knee pads, chest/shoulder protection optional if you have them (we have loaners if you don’t)
- Bagged lunch
- Plenty of water (Camel Baks welcome)
- Your own dirt bike and fuel (no waiting your turn to ride!)
- Closed range exercises (CRE) in an all day MSF Course curriculum taught by a certified dirt bike coach
- Access to private land with mini trail area where those who successfully pass the class may ride with instructor
- Bonfire with class debrief and s’mores
- MSF Dirt Bike Rider card upon successful completion of the course
- Private beach access on the Potomac River
Dirt Bike Basics Class Dates
New Riders Class Schedule
Clutch Capable Class Schedule
Call or Text Us
info [at] dcdirtcamp.com
Classes located in King George, VA